- The tick vaccination protects against the TBE viruse, which is transmitted by ticks.
- The TBE viruse can cause meningitis, which is not treatable.
- You can be vaccinated against TBE quickly and without waiting times at our Herti pharmacy in Zug.
- Book your vaccination appointment now via our online booking system.
With the tick vaccination, you can protect yourself against the TBE (tick-borne encephalitis) virus, which can cause meningitis. There is no medicine or treatment for meningitis. A tick vaccination is particularly recommended for people who spend a lot of time outdoors or live in areas with a high risk of TBE (map). We would be happy to advise you and inform you whether a vaccination is advisable for you or not.
You will need to visit the pharmacy three times for the vaccination:
1st vaccination: basic immunity, advantageous in winter
2nd vaccination: 2 to 4 weeks after the first vaccination (this achieves 95% protection)
3rd vaccination: 5 to 12 months after the second vaccination
After the third vaccination, you are protected for at least ten years.
The tick vaccination can be administered in pharmacies from the age of 16.
Your time investment: 10 minutes
Cost of tick vaccination service: CHF 25.00, including documentation, administration and entry in the vaccination card
Vaccine costs: The price may vary depending on the vaccine.
You do not need to register for the tick vaccination. However, you are welcome to pre-register via our online booking tool or by telephone:
If no free appointment is available in the online booking tool, please contact us by phone.
phone number: 041 711 85 00
- Children and adolescents can only be vaccinated in pharmacies from the age of 16.
- A doctor's confirmation is required for pregnant women.
- We are not allowed to vaccinate people with autoimmune diseases or those who require immunosuppressive therapy in the pharmacy.
Certified vaccination pharmacy: The Herti pharmacy is an official vaccination pharmacy. Our pharmacy has been inspected by the cantonal health authorities and we meet all the requirements to ensure that vaccinations can be administered safely and easily. There is a clear, prescribed procedure for the vaccination and all steps are documented. This means we can guarantee your safety and comply with safety standards.